Welcome to the Virtual Vine!
If you suffer from a concussion, you may be feeling more alone than ever. In fact, we’re all feeling disconnected from our friends, our families, and the outside world – as we navigate our new reality of physical distancing.
But distance between people doesn’t have to mean isolation. In fact, thanks to technology, it’s never been easier to keep our physical distance while staying connected socially.
Welcome to #VirtualVine…your concussion recovery community.
Reach out and join the Virtual Vine community today. You’ll discover an online lifeline – to help you learn, heal, and grow.
#VirtualVine connects you with:
Let’s get started!
There are lots of ways to get involved in the Virtual Vine, from our webinars, to blog posts, research studies and more. This page will give you full access to all things #VirtualVine. Don’t forget to follow us on our socials for the latest updates!
Check out our full list of activities and learn how to get involved today:
We are excited to bring you the #VirtualVine Lunchtime Webinar! Tune in on Instagram Live to learn about brain health and concussion recovery and hear from experts such as family physicians, brain health experts, athletic trainers, pediatricians and more.
How it Works:
- On select Fridays from 12:00 – 1:00pm, we are hosting an Instagram Live Lunchtime Webinar with an expert on the Neurovine Instagram Page.
- The Monday before, we will announce our expert and their topic.
- All week long you can tweet in your questions using the hashtag #VirtualVineLunch.
- On Friday at 12:00pm, tune in on Instagram to watch the webinar! Feel free to ask any questions in the comments section and enjoy the presentation!
- We will post the webinar to our IGTV account (available through our Instagram account here)
Friday, May 1st at 12PM with Dr. Matthew Kennedy
Resources Dr. Matthew Kennedy referenced during his presentation:
Friday, May 29th at 12PM with Heather Anderson
Resources Heather Anderson referenced during her presentation:
- Mindfulness apps:Aura, Breethe, Buddhify, Calm, Headspace, Insight timer, Youtube
- Mental health crisis line- 613-722-6914 in Ottawa, 1-866-996-0991 outside of Ottawa; 911 if feeling suicidal
- Biaov.org Brain Injury Association of Ottawa Valley- links to workshops, resources, support groups
- Hapsychology11@gmail.com for Heather’s contact information
Friday, June 26th at 12pm with Nicol McNiven
Get Involved on Social
- Be sure to follow our socials for all the latest updates!
- Tweet or DM us about what you are doing to maintain your brain health during physical distancing with the hashtag #VirtualVine
- What do you want to learn about in our Lunchtime Webinars? Do you have any questions for our upcoming experts? Tweet or DM us with the hashtag #VirtualVineLunch